Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Raining Confetti

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Perks of Marrying a Brit

One of the perks of being married to a true Brit, is that I get to have authentic British cooking any time. Yes, I actually love British food.  The times that I have been to England, I have never had a bad meal.  Everything we ate was always delicious.  The downside is that my wonderful husband is the SLOWEST cook in the world.  I truly can't figure out why but once he is done with a meal, the wait was worth it.  He has cooked for my family and we've asked even asked him to start around 4:00 in the afternoon so we could eat by 8:00 pm. Love you, honey!! (I know he reads these) Anyway, one of my favorite meals that he makes is his Shepard's Pie. Now I don't know if you know this, but I don't eat red meat which proved a challenge to him.  But he faced this in true British fashion.  He kindly came up with the most fantastic version of this British classic just for me.


He takes dark and light ground turkey meat, mixes it with ground pork.  YUM!!  He then adds various veggies and makes a delicious mouth-watering gravy using some British thing.  He adds some secret ingredients which I'm sure I can talk him into letting me tell people.  He then tops the whole thing with a mixture of sweet and regular potatoes and yams.  Very tasty!  Last, he adds a sprinkling of cheese to the potato mixture.  Bakes the whole thing until it bubbles. The end result: a delicious, red meat-free version of a true British classic.  Thank you Nigel!!!  


Seen here with proper British chips and mushy peas.  Yes, they are good. Every time I eat this, the baby starts dancing :)  

Enjoy!!
Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...