Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Raining Confetti

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

(not sure why the font is not changing... :-(   )

Happy Valentine's Day. (silence)  Yes, this is not my favorite holiday. I mean, come on people!  We only expect our loved ones to declare their love one day out of 365? We should love and honor our loved ones whether they be friends, family or your significant other every day, not just one day. But I do have to say, as this is our first Valentine's it was quite nice to be surprised with a dozen roses, LAST NIGHT :)  But I'll get a little gushy for all of you who do love this day.  This was the reading we (OK, I chose) when Nigel and I eloped last year. It was very fitting getting married on the Cape surrounded by Wompanog country; an Apache Wedding 
Blessing.  


Now you will feel no storms,
for each of you will be shelter to the other. 
Now you will feel no cold,
for each of you will be warmth to the other.
Now there is no loneliness,
for each of you is companion to the other,
You are two persons,
but there is one life before you, and one home.
Turn together to look at the road you traveled,
to reach this---the hour of your happiness.
It stretches behind you into the past.
Look to the future that lies ahead.
A long and winding, adventure-filled road,
whose every turn means discovery,
new hopes, new joys, new laughter,
and a few shared tears.
May happiness be your companion,
May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead;
And through all the years to come.
Go this day to your dwelling place
and enter into your days together.
May your days be good and long
upon the earth.
Your adventure has just begun!

I did make Nigel a special dinner- Nigella's pork ribs, proper British chips and veggies. 



And for dessert: mini apple pies (the ready made pie crust I used burns very easily) 



Here are some photos I took and made a card for my husband. 








I hope everyone enjoyed the day in their own way.


Kerry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...