Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Raining Confetti

Thursday, January 31, 2013

What's for Dinner?

Well tonight, due to acid reflux and heartburn (love being pregnant) I just ate a plain chicken breast and a sweet potato but the other day I made a delicious Portobello mushroom tart.


The recipe is from "The Chubby Vegetarian."  I changed a few things just because I didn't the ingredients or I didn't care for some.  For the cheese, I used a mixture of Parmesan and white Cheddar.  Also, I sprinkled the top with Thyme and Marjoram.  I didn't use the garlic or shallots.  I did use the half and half instead of whole milk and used honey vinegar instead of champagne because I didn't have any.  And due to time, I just used pre-made pie dough. 


Below is the original recipe:

4 ounces goat cheese 3 cloves garlic1 large egg1 yolk (from a large egg)1/4 cup whole milk (or half and half)Kosher salt and cracked black pepper (to taste)1 teaspoon champagne vinegar2 large portobello mushrooms (thinly sliced)5 sprigs thyme (stems discarded)1 medium shallot (sliced)1 tablespoon olive oil
Make the Basic Pie Crust Dough and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll the crust out to roughly a 16 x 11 rectangle and place onto a parchment-lined 17 x 12 baking sheet. Fold the ends up and pinch the corners together. Dock the dough with a fork and par-bake for 10 minutes.
While the tart shell is baking, place the goat cheese, garlic, egg, yolk, milk, salt, pepper, and vinegar into the work bowl of your food processor and blend until smooth. After 10 minutes, remove the tart shell from the oven and place mushrooms in a shingle-like pattern over the surface. Pour the goat cheese mixture evenly over the whole tart. Sprinkle with thyme, sliced shallots, and drizzle with olive oil. Return tart to the oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until the top is nicely browned. (Serves 4.



Enjoy!

Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...