Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Raining Confetti

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ahhhh! Weekends!

What a great weekend!  Yesterday we went for a hike; the hike was short but getting to our destination took a while.  We decided to bring Wilbur


and headed over to Torrey Pines State reserve.  After paying the fee (and boy was it a fee!), with Wilbur barking in the backseat, we headed up the road crowded with people. If I could, I would have walked faster up the hill than how long it took in the car. Suddenly, Nigel noticed a small sign on the side of the road, "No Dogs Allowed." WHAT??!! Well maybe it was just on the trails, Torrey Pines also has a long walkway that runs along the road which was what we wanted to walk on.  OF COURSE, we found parking right away and I got out to ask a Park Ranger who indeed confirmed that Wilbur could not come out of the car. Sighing, I got back in the car, told Nigel and Wilbur we couldn't stay and made our slow descent back down the road.  Luckily, there was Mission Trails :)







After a rigorous hike (not).  I haven't worked out since I found out I was pregnant, I had to go really slow especially up the first and only hill.  Stopping every few yards to catch my breath. But boy, did it feel good to be back out in nature.  I love hiking!  The wind in my hair, the sand/dirt beneath my feet.  You become very introspective when out in nature and realize how this land belongs to so many more than just people. Anyway, after the hike, I decided to set about trying some new dessert recipes. Jamie Oliver's Cheats Banoffee Pie. Very easy to make, but I would make some changes the next time I make this.  Not changes to the recipe but to how I made it.  Recipe will follow in the next few days. 


The best was making Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls via Smitten Kitchen's blog.  This was my first attempt at making cinnamon rolls. And not to toot my own horn but they turned out SOOO good! Even Nigel liked them!  (he's not too big on overly sweet things and these weren't) They were perfect! Can't wait until tomorrow morning to dig into them again!  YUMMMM!

(the middle one has a little flour on it still)

Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend! 
(oh, and I get one more day MLK day tomorrow)

Kerry



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...