Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Raining Confetti

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ginger, Maple and Mustard-Glazed Tempeh- vegan and gluten-free.

I'm am absolutely loving vegan food.  Now I know by some vegan standards eating foods that have a similar texture to meat is considered a no-no.  But since I'm only a part-time vegan, I think it's OK especially if the recipe was created by my favorite the Spork Girl.  This recipe is so incredibly easy that one of the kids in my class could make it and they're only 4!
This is the mustard I used- so yummy!


Serves 4-6
2 (8 oz) packages soy tempeh
1 piece fresh ginger  (about 2 inches) peeled (I used ground ginger and felt it was just as tasty)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 C Olive Oil
1/4 C fresh lemon juice
2 T mustard, stone ground or German
3 T maple syrup
1 t salt
1/2 t red pepper flakes

Slice and steam the tempeh for about 5 minutes.

While steaming; mix ginger, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, maple syrup, salt and red pepper flakes.  Whisk until uniform.  Add steamed tempeh to the mixture.

Heat a pan over medium heat and pour tempeh and sauce into the pan (no extra oil is needed).  Cook for about 4 minutes on each side (I cooked these a little longer until they got a little crispy looking).  Flipping occasionally until the sauce has been absorbed.

Just poured sauce in

Sauce is bubbling away- not ready yet
Sauce is totally absorbed- Ready!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...