Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Raining Confetti

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ahhh... Weekends!


Weekends are made for slow-paced mornings and delicious breakfast foods that don't require you to eat and run.  This morning, I set out to make Almond and Yogurt waffles found on the blog Roost.  If you haven't checked out this beautiful blog, you are really missing out,  www.roostblog.com/roost/almond-yogurt-waffles-with-orange-honey-syrup.html.  Now, I actually tried this recipe last week and it was a complete disaster :(  Since I don't own a waffle maker, I thought I would make pancakes instead. Contrary to belief, DO NOT add baking powder to this recipe. I really think that is what I did wrong as well as maybe adding too much liquid to the batter.  This morning,  I really put my math skills to the test (since making the full recipe would have been too much food for me)  and they came out fabulous.  I used a griddle pan, as suggested in a recipe from Jamie Oliver, to make a sort of waffle.

Enjoy!

Almond  & Yogurt Waffles (makes 6 medium sized waffles)
  • 3 cups almond flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 TBS honey
  • 1/2 cup yogurt (SCDers use SCD legal yogurt)
  • 1 very ripe banana, mashed with a fork
Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and whisk until a batter forms. Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto a greased waffle iron a cook for 2 minutes. (all waffle irons vary in temperature so you may need more or less time).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...