Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Raining Confetti

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

PURPLE!!

Since I was an infant, I've loved the color purple; any shade, any tint.  Growing up, my great-grandmother's bedroom was painted a pale lilac color, maybe this is where my love for purple began. I own a pair of purple running shoes, purple pens, purple gym bag.  I have purple flowers in my yard but I can only think of one item of purple clothing that I have- a sweater, the color of eggplant from the Gap.  I would never decorate with purple, for some reason that just doesn't not appeal to me (most likely because the colors in my house are autumn colors.  But I surround myself with this gorgeous color in many other ways.  Looking at my photos, it was obvious that purple things catch my attention.
Here's a bit of information on the color purple: (found on the website called Emily's Gems)

  Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation.

Purple has been used to symbolize magic and mystery, as well as royalty. Being the combination of red and blue, the warmest and coolest colors, purple is believed to be the ideal color. Most children love the color purple. Purple is the color most favored by artists. Thursday's color is purple.













3 comments:

  1. purple is just so perfect right now! fabulous flowers x kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your beautiful pot sweetie!

    kisses and have the greatest weekend!

    http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. KERRY!!! You too my dear, are a native Californian, raised in New England? ME TOO!!! Now I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota, but between California and Boston AM I!!!!!

    THANK YOU FOR your birthday wishes, and that gorgeous purple bottle is JUST FABULOUS! I have one too in the form of a gluster of grapes!!!

    ENJOY THIS WONDERFUL DAY, Anita

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...