Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Raining Confetti

Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's Roasting in Here!

I went to a cooking class the other night in which the chef gave a great suggestion on how to get people to eat cauliflower.  Roast it!  I honesty never thought of doing this.  I've roasted carrots, parsnips (Yum!), brussel sprouts, potatoes, butternut squash but never cauliflower.  But then again, I'm not a big fan of this vegetable.  Since the chef said it was the only way to get her children to eat veggies, I thought I would try it.  OMGoodness!!  Can I say... awesome!  Its made a believer out of me.  I've made it as a side dish the last two nights.  Give it a try!

All you need are three side staple ingredients:
-Oil
-Salt
-Pepper


Oh! And some cauliflower (you can do this with broccoli also)

Preheat oven to 400- 450 degrees (depending on how hot your oven gets)  
Cut the cauliflower into bite-size pieces.

Drizzle with oil (I used grape seed oil)
Sprinkle with salt

and Pepper.

Place in oven and roast 10-15 minutes-ish. 
Turning once halfway through.

And Viola!

Enjoy!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...